A Different Path


Beach walks may still be my favourite, but the other day Gracie and I went for a walk around Redwing Farm, on Salt Spring Island. The gentle rolling contours of the land were a delight to my eye.

Gracie found racing through the daisies rather delightful herself.

Next to fences, gates are a most important feature of the farm landscape...

...although frustrating for small doggies who just want to be on the other side.

The path leads down to a lake.

The cool, gray day meant no swimmers or lounging on the dock.

The waterlilies were beautiful though.

On the way back up the hill we spied an old house through the overgrown vines.

Back to the field with the daisies.


And the wild gives way to the cultivated, and we're almost back home.

Take off our boots...

...hang up our hat...

...and yes, life is good.

P.S. I just found out that the neighbouring farm has Angora goats! See some gorgeous photos at Bullock Lake Farm

Comments

  1. Great photos - and love the story of your walk. Now I know where Redwing Farm is too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, such a great landscape.....
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:16 AM

    What a delightful walk in a beautiful landscape ! Redwing Farm looks very inviting. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in a beautiful part of the world, just looking at your photos gives me a feeling of peace and fulfillment. The first photo of the waterlillies is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.