Saturday, October 04, 2014

If Only All My Other Projects Would Get Finished This Quickly

I have completed the footstool cover. The little stool had a note on the underside stating that it was carved in 1964 by "H. Andrews (blind)". Fifty years later, it is braced and mended and sports a bright new cover.
Cost: under $10. The burlap backing was bought new and I got a couple of pieces of wool from the thrift store. This pleases me in oh so many ways. And my Great-Aunt Margie, the original owner of the stool, would approve, I think.
Although she would no doubt be aghast at its intended use. Mischa does need a boost to get up onto the bed. Here she looks very serious, but her tail is wagging furiously. And I notice the rug is in desperate need of vacuuming. Oh well.
And this is what my workspace looked like afterwards. I am unrepentant.

4 comments:

  1. That's the way the workspace *should* look! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawdy lawdy.....thank you for showing a real-life, in use, workspace! Phew! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those wild colours. don't think it is possible to be creative in a neat, tidy space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, what took you so long to learn rughooking? It's right up your alley for sure!

    PS. Glad to be back. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.