Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bumblebees, Honeysuckle and a Field Trip


The honeysuckle next to my deck is blooming. I can't believe how lucky I am to be able to sit and stitch outside with the sweet scent of honeysuckle wafting past.
Even on a cloudy day, the nectar is flowing. I missed a shot of the hummingbird who was feeding, but caught this bumblebee diving headfirst into the blossom. See how much pollen she has on her legs!
And I didn't go to the opening, but dear Jean Betts went and caught a few shots. She reported that several groups of children were there - and it was quite crowded. Above, my piece is on the table next to a very handsome looking button blanket backpack.
Such a diversity of approaches! I look forward to seeing the show a bit later this summer.
If you happen to be in Victoria, B.C. you can catch the exhibit at the Maritime Museum of British Columbia, on until September 8th.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    I'm glad to see that your backpack has been put on a table so that viewers can see all of it instead of up on the wall. I think the curator must have liked yours. Looking forward t o seeing the show in late August. Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.