Front and Back

 The little quilt of Japanese fabric stitched up quickly. Above is one side...and below is the other.
 The little patch with the turtle was made in a katazome workshop at Maiwa about 10 years ago. It sat quietly in the stash, waiting for its chance - and I think it is happy in its new spot. (I think the colour is off on this one - it looks a little too cyan.) I really like the way the hand quilting shows up. The whole piece measures about 30"x44". I had one inch of binding left over, whew!
And finally, here's a shot of that quilt I made a couple of months back, this time with no dog on it. The colour is a little wacky on this one too, but the block on the far left of the second row from the bottom looks about right.


Comments

  1. Anonymous10:06 AM

    the little quilt is very special,the turtle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I think the turtle is perfect too, especially since it is one of the traditional signs of long life, which sounds right for a quilt that is also a security blanket in a disaster backpack. Can't wait to see the entire piece in the exhibit! Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! And only an inch of binding left. For me that would have been an inch too short! Especially love the turtle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.