Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Coming Together

I am still stitching away on the little quilt, so I apologize if you are getting tired of seeing the same old colours. But I am loving the feel of the layers of fabric coming together, the way the quilting stitches give such a sense of cohesion and flexibility. The cloth moves differently, is more supple, yet resilient. The work is a pleasure.

James asked me this morning how I manage to get through the day without seeming to worry, which surprised me, since I have just as many cares and woes as the next person. I suggested that stitching is what keeps me sane, and I really do think it is a calming, restorative, nurturing and healing activity. But you already know that, don't you?!?

6 comments:

  1. I've often been complimented on my serenity (not by my children by the way, who consider me a worrier) but by others (like my mother).

    It's all due to stitching, I do agree.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would I be tired of the colours? They're lovely and soothing. Keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the picture before reading the text to your post and thought to myself - those are very nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, just in and out, in and out! your stitches are even and neat, all in perfectly straight lines - mine are big and small and wiggily. wandering thoughts, wondering stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea i know that stitchy feeling...the one that changes the aura around me...sadly my son carries a great dark cloud around with him and i have to claw my way out of that daily...some days are better than others. he will be moving soon, i look forward to stitching for delight not just for sanity...sorry, didn't mean to unload, but some just don't get it do they???

    ReplyDelete

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.