Thursday, August 30, 2012

Reworked

I finished redoing this a week or two ago, but only just got the stretcher made and the piece mounted. I signed it too, with both Louis Nicolas's initials and an estimated date, and my initials. I took the style of the letters from pages in the Codex that had a lot of text on them, so there is at least a vestige of Pere Nicolas's hand there.

And I am much happier with the revised version. It was definitely worth the mild tedium of picking out stitches and reworking them.

8 comments:

  1. I'd thought the first one was good, but you are right, it is much better like that!
    (Well, you are an artist, me not. I know why. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love the concept behind the previous version, but I have to agree this way is better. I also like the way the two signatures balance out. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, it is much better. The composition is 'breathing' and looks much lighter. I also like the respect that you show for Père Nicolas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in a word: stunning!

    great job and it is better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your persistence in getting this just right was so worth it! I love the final results including sharing the signature with Pere Nicolas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. onesmallstitch10:52 AM

    it's perfect. so good to know you are happy with all the extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the signatures. Lovely concept.

    ReplyDelete

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.