Friday, August 26, 2011
Here's my latest little project. It was quick and fun - great for the last few days of summer.
I found a set of 12 squares of cloth at the thrift store, beautifully hand embroidered with a delightful series of astrological signs. They probably date from the 1970's, and needed a bit of cleaning to remove some rust stains.
I thought of piecing them into a quilt or wall hanging, but I couldn't arrange them so that the background colours were to my liking. So I went off on a completely different tangent, and added piping and backing to each one, then stuffed them to create 12 little pillows (about 7"x9").
I then sewed snap fasteners to the upper corners of each pillow, and the mate to each fastener on a length of tea-dyed twill tape. Snap them on and voila!