Friday, April 08, 2011

Mellow Yellow

I've returned to the wheel after several months away. Just my habitual thread - I will either do a two ply for weaving or maybe Navajo ply it for knitting. No project in mind, just peaceful, easy spinning.

The fibre is a 70% merino and 30% seacell superwash, that I dyed very haphazardly with acid dyes. I wanted quite a bit of yellow in it - seems to be the time of year when my eyes crave yellow. This one tends towards the ochre/peach side of things, once it's spun up, which suits me just fine.


  1. Heather - the colours are fabulous, love them. want to see how they weave or knit up.

  2. Beautiful colors and how finely you spin. Once I took a workshop in spinning, not really my vocation, but I am fascinated by people who can do it.

  3. when i first opened the page I thought it was food and it looked delicious. then I realized it was yarn! so silly of me but sooooo beautiful. Love it!

  4. So pretty! Daffodils and tulips, eat your heart out.


Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.