Dreams can come true, it can happen to you.


Last spring, I had this dream. The Carnival Band came to Lasqueti and played, and I was on the dance floor surrounded by my friends and neighbours. Last night, it happened.

William Kittredge defines community as "any group with which we can openly share joy and grief." I can't think of a better description of the community in which I am so blessed to live. I have been carried through the ups and downs of the last couple of years by the good people of Lasqueti, and what better way to thank them than to throw a party.

I'll add more pictures later. Right now I have to go have a nap.
Meanwhile, here's a snippet of last night's opening act, local heroes, the Bolting Brassicas.

Dress code for the evening was "Carnivalesque". I managed to dig this lovely ensemble out of the tickle trunk.

Sophia brought her face paints. Here are Jessica and Anna.

Look at this cutie.

Backtracking to earlier in the day, Ross Barrett, the band's founder, shows the accordionist (sorry I didn't get her name)the score.

Comments

  1. Looks such fun in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    WOW! So it's not just illegal crops growing in the wilds of B.C. Lasqueti has also nurtured some really, really potent music! Must have been an amazing party. I bet all of your island friends will be thanking you for a long time for organizing it.

    Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Lasqueti is about to replace Notting Hill as the top carnival place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun! (and I love your outfit)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.