Blackberry Wood


Thorns piercing flesh
Guarding the dark treasure
of warm sweet juice.

Comments

  1. Wonderful words - summing up the essence of blackberries in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 PM

    There is nothing like the smell of blackberries ripening on the vine to pull one back from the edge of adulthood into childhood in summer. I find myself eagerly doing what I always did in the past, picking the berries off the vine and savouring the sweetness while staining my hands and my moth and sometimes my clothes lucsious berry purple/red. Some of the best things in life will never, never change.

    Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blackberries seem particularly luscious this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.