The Accordion Cometh


I can't tell you how excited I am.

About a month ago, I was at a wedding. On Lasqueti, most people play an instrument, so conversation came round to music, and I was asked what I played. I sheepishly admitted to years of piano lessons, but having been told I had no sense of rhythm, I stopped playing. Someone asked, "Well, who said that?" and I realized in a blinding flash that I had been living my life believing something that a person with absolutely no authority had said.

Then my dinner companion asked, "What instrument would you play if you had one?". And the answer was out of my mouth before I knew it. "The button accordion, of course!"

Later that evening I did a search on Craigslist, and a shiny red button box with my name on it (Really! Erica is latin for Heather) called to me. Today it arrived in the mail. Bless you Canada Post!

And, as luck would have it, a fantastic accordion teacher lives around the corner. A bonus is that the instrument sounds naturally beautiful, so my practicing won't be too painful - although Gracie did start howling as I tested the keys. Maybe doggie earplugs are in order.

Here I come!

Comments

  1. And that's exactly the way to do this: just do it! :)
    And I know you will make it a succes!
    (Would love to hear you...... :) ...)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun! Enjoy your music lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Is Octoberfest coming next? Nothing fits accordion music like a stein of beer!

    Jean-Pierre

    ps. Is there a tuba player on Lasqueti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking more in the way of Irish jigs or jolly covers of Leonard Cohen songs than polkas. But you never know!

    And yes, indeed, there IS a tuba player on Lasqueti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great heather. Have fun, can't wait to hear it on youtube. Lasqueti seems to have everything. Nice place to be - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I really want to learn how to play the banjo but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes on your musical journey, Heather! I'm having fun with mine (learning to play again --in more than one sense of the word!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.