Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Splitting Up and New Directions


As the new year approaches, it is usual to reflect on the one past and make a list of what one would like to do differently. My blogging has become a little haphazard and lost its original direction. Hmmn, somewhat of a reflection of my life!

I've decided to split up the behemoth and hopefully better stay on topic. I will keep "True Stitches", and actually write about stitching! Then, I will begin a blog, "Resting in the Grace of the World" about the experience of trying to live sustainably (and on a very low income) on this enchanted isle. And finally, I will start a third, "You Are One With Them", specifically about the community quilt project I have been participating in.

So look for that in the New Year. As probably my final stitching of 2009, I finished the little samplers that I started during Dorothy Caldwell's workshop, "The Expressive Stitch". I added some border stitches and embellishments and the eagle feather found after my cat's altercation with a young golden eagle.

The end of this year (and, concurrently, the period between two blue moons) has been particularly sad and dramatic and stress filled for me. I may talk more about this in time, but for now I simply wish peace, simplicity and calm for myself, and for you, my readers and friends.

And, as my beautiful friend Helene said to me the other day, "Let it rip!"

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Hi Heather,

    I hope it all works out for you. Try to stay positive and use the support of good people you know, like Gretchen.

    Happy New Year. Jean-Pierre

    ps. This is anotehr non-posting message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece, you never cease to amaze me. I look forward to a new year of inspiration from whatever you get up to with your stitching. Best Wishes, Joy and Happiness to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I love your piece: particularly the cat and the eagle. How wonderful to be able to tell your story with thread! I'm sorry to hear you've been sad - I wish you peace and joy for 2010: and thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.