Hide-A-Bed Re-do

From this...

... to this!

I was given this couch by a woman who was moving off the island after being here for 25 years. In fairness, I took the before picture halfway through the dismantling process, when I realized a major transformation was about to take place. But it was truly the skankiest piece of furniture I had seen in a long time, and the only reason I took it was otherwise it would end up in the dump.

I had re-upholstered a couple of things in the past, and I had a roll of heavy cloth that I had been dragging around for the last 5 years, and I had a staple gun. I was ready to go!

12 hours and about a kazillion staples later, I had a groovy new hide-a-bed, that, thanks to the 1970's North American workmanship that underpinned the whole thing, was comfortable and opened and closed smoothly.

Angus, the resident comfort tester, gives it a 10.

Comments

  1. That's wonderful! I live with a bunch of potential-blind people, some coming from my very body, who can't get past the 'skank' part. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.