A Short Message From Our Sponsor (Before She Has to Get Back to the Garden)


Here are two recent thrift store finds. A linen tablecloth beautifully embroidered with bright flowers that I can hardly bear to actually put on the table - and judging from the lack of stains the previous owner felt the same way. But why devote hours of time and care and skill to an object that is never used?

I know, I know, a rhetorical question.

The assortment of Italian threads winked at me from the "Notions" drawer at the Sally Ann. They are an unusual hard twist cotton.


The island's feral sheep visted my yard on a misty morning last week. The lambs are cute, but the poor adults never get shorn, and are mangy and tick ridden as a result. Some people on the island call them Rastafarian sheep and think they're cool, but I bet these girls would be a lot more comfortable minus their matted, heavy coats. I know there are all kinds of special dreadlock products available, but have you ever seen a sheep wash its own hair?


And the azalea next to the deck has been blooming for a week, the hummingbirds are back, and there's way too much to do in the garden. I think it's officially spring.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:04 PM

    H-m-m-m-m.... Do I sense a secret plan in your feral sheep commentary? Have you ever shorn sheep before? With a cape and a mask you could be the Secret Sheep Shearer! Think of all that free wool!

    Looks like a beautiful place to live. The flower is a camelia and camelia seed oil is a traditional hair product in Japan. The sumo wrestlers use it to maintian the sheen on their topknots. Smells very flowery so when you see these giant guys walking down a street in their yukatta and leaving a cloud of perfume behind you have to chuckle, but not loud enough so that they can hear!

    Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hair is a bit like that since i retired.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.