One Year Ago


August the 23rd will mark one year from the day I had my accident. I nearly died that day, and looking back, I think it was a pivotal moment in changing my life. Today, everything is different - I have a new home, a new love, a new dog, a new job, even new teeth.

I may have become more philosophical. My mother commented on a recent blog posting, "Good grief, I think Heather is getting spiritual!", which may be more revealing about the low ranking given to spirituality in my family than a real indication of any enlightenment I might have achieved. Indeed, I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about my existence in this world and how to make the most of it.

One thing I do know for sure - striving for money and material gain is a dead end street. Learning to give and receive love - on both personal and universal levels - is a open road.

I am so grateful to all the lovely people, both friends and friends-to-be, who have left inspiring and supportive comments over the past year. I hope that in the next few months as my life settles down, I will be back to making more art, more quilts, more embroidery that I can share with you. For a blog that is supposed to be about stitching, it has gone off on some wild tangents. But if we can look at the definition I give at the top of the page: "To join, to make or mend, to decorate", in a metaphorical sense, maybe everything can be seen as stitching.

Love, health and happiness to you all!

Comments

  1. everything . yes, can be seen as stitching. exactly....good luck with all the newness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all my fondest and best wishes to you Heather. Truth (even in stitches) is revolutionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the accident page...I can't believe the EMT kept telling you to shut up! I'm so glad you've made it through the year and got to enjoy some sunshine in the gulf islands.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.