The Doll, She is Coming


The doll for the TIF challenge is coming along. Here are the parts ready for assembly.

And here she is in the all together. I had a hell of a time with the joints - I used the disc and cotter pin type and they are looser than I would like. But moving right along...

The clothes are what I will have fun with. Lots of embroidery to work on while I am traveling in New Mexico.

I have been working on a number of other projects simultaneously. A couple are secret and I can't reveal them just yet! But one exciting thing for me is that I am taking over the little coffee bar in my studio building. So far it has worked out perfectly, as I can do my own projects in the slow periods, and there's a small but steady cash flow. I get to chat to the lovely creative people who populate the building and feel that I am contributing to our community by keeping everyone fueled with coffee and muffins.

*Update* I just realized that this is my 99th post! Come on gang, sing along! "99 postings of blog on the wall, 99 posts of blog... take one down and pass it around..."

Comments

  1. I always liked the idea of the handmade dolls instead of plastic ones, I would definitely made dolls for my daughter (if I had one! ^^). Yours looks great, I'm looking forward to the embroidered clothes!
    Congratulations on the coffee bar job, there's always the need for coffee and muffins, especially for creative people, creativity feeds on sugar! *^v^*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like her very much! Give her purple clothes and you've got the color part of the challenge, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to the clothing process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.