Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Bits and Pieces

A medley of odds and ends today - probably each one is worthy of a post, but I'm in a flurry of excitement and can't focus too well!

Why am I in a tizzy? Cause I just booked tickets for a trip to Japan!!!

I came into a bit of money and figured this might be my one chance to visit my dream destination. I have wanted to go for years. I'll be going in late February - the austerity plan starts NOW so that I will have a good wad of yen. Luckily the Canadian dollar is in a favourable position these days. Oh, I booked my ticket online, and Air Canada helpfully provided a link that allowed me to purchase carbon offsets so I don't feel like a horrible person flying.

And then I saw that the new Knitty is up! Haven't actually been able to look at it just yet, since it seems massive numbers of eager knitters have crashed the site. But I did catch a glimpse of the cover shot - an absolutely perfect photo of a mohair? qiviut? beaded lace hood. Have a look - you'll see! But wait until the stampede is over.
*Later the same day.* The photo is from RomiDesignz Flickr group. I still can't load this page from Knitty - there must be a zillion others trying to see it at the same time.

And one more thing - today's No Impact Man posting led me to this terrific little video: The Story of Stuff. Check it out - it's a very accessible, funny and positive look at the problem our planet faces and how we can make things better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Japan is one of my dream destinations too. *^v^*
    I agree the Winter Knitty has some really nice projects, including the cover one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't had a chance to check put the links but i want to say...wow, lucky you...i wish i was going with you. oh my, i am jumping up and down for you. ( up...down...up...down...)

    ReplyDelete

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.