You, Cute Brunette, on the 135 Wednesday Afternoon

I saw the cutest boy on the bus yesterday. I recognize that it's a bit unseemly for a 49-year-old woman to be talking about cute boys, and also that the young man in question would probably be horrified to know that the middle-aged lady in the raincoat across from him was entertaining thoughts of him at all. But I have passed into the age of invisibility and can discreetly ogle the lads without them noticing (I hope!)

So what was it about this guy that caught my eye? His Converse low cut runners and neo-Rasta hand knit toque tweaked the radar first off, then his decidedly Value Village plaid jacket. He was in his early 20's, I think, although my age guessing skills are getting unreliable. Any one under 40 is "young". Lovely brown eyes, on the skinny side, but what really sealed the deal for my were the glasses. So unfashionable that they were cool Clark Kent horn rims, with (swoon) TAPE on one of the temples!

So, yeah, I guess the jig is up. I like geeky cool boys. George Clooney, get your ass outta here!

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    There are SOME perks to being over 40,hey? I sneak a few of those pervy looks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool dude ;)

    George Clooney looks great in some pictures and horrific in others. Weird.

    I'm really glad you and your niece liked the Scott Westerfeld trilogy! I think they're great. You might like the Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud. It has a nice strong female character who starts out as a minor figure and gets more important as the plot develops. Warning: the story is quite dark. It's well worth listening to on audio, as the narrator does an excellent job with the funny demon sidekick. But it's great in print, too.
    Keep looking at the boys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:47 AM

    you are too funny, sometimes i just forget how old i am, funny, my 85 year old mom had a similar story for me the other day. some things don't change...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:38 AM

    I've had my eye on a skinny, geeky-cool teenage boy with a huge mop of uncontroled blond curly hair, high-top canvas running shoes, Joey Ramone style narrow jeans and a scruffy leather jacket (lives in my neighbourhood, I think). I always wonder what his story is... Does he round the corner and disappear back into the late 1970s or early 80s?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.