Swap-o-rama-rama at Maker Faire: Part 1

I'm still decompressing! It was an exhilarating, thrilling, over-the-top event all round. Here's the beginning of my pictures:

I finally got to meet Wendy Tremayne in person. I felt like I already knew her after a kajillion phone calls and emails, and I can confirm she is truly beautiful, funny, smart, generous and glows with an inner light. She can also wear a feather turban with grace and equanimity.

Anastazia from Bad Unkl Sista in the fashion show. Why not wear a costume every day?

Stefanie Gesiorski, AKA Stefbot, one of sewer/designers, modelling the halter dress she created from one of last year's t-shirts.

Dave Montie (the Treehouse guy) created this "Frankenstein" shirt, using a serger for the first time! He had people running to the Make store to try and buy one just like it - but this is a one-of-a -kind!

My brother Rob on the right and his buddy Justin - Rob is an electrical engineer who used a sewing machine for the first time this weekend to create a sarong!

Fibre Queen Ashley Foster shows Rob how to use the machine.

F'kir models one of Bad Unkl Sista's designs in the fashion show.

I made it out of the swap briefly to go meet Greg Der Ananian from Bazaar Bizarre. He was just as charming and witty as I imagined he would be. What a sweetie!

Look at this young wizard on the Janome machine!

And here's a mom and daughter creating a doll at Homeygrown's "Toys from Trash" station.

I'll have more pictures tomorrow - there's a lot to go through. But here's the best piece of advice I can possibly give - put Maker Faire on your vacation itinerary for next year. If you don't believe me, go check out the blog at makerfaire.com - it boggles the mind!

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:59 PM

    Hi Heather,

    WOW! WOW! WOW! What an amazing place/event you took part in. It must have been intoxicating, surrounded by so many creative people. Could this be the shape of the future? BRING IT ON!!

    Jean-Pierre

    ps. Hvae you come down yet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.