In the Studio

I moved into my studio this week. I'm sharing with a woman who designs costumes for film and TV. She is letting me share her cutting table - oh joy!! Uncluttered horizontal surfaces are a rarity in my life and this one's a beauty! It's 8' x 10', bigger than it looks in this picture.

I have room for my loom, and the wall of fabric. it's so good to have the fabric on view, rather than going through boxes everytime I'm looking for a particular piece.


Power's a little dodgy, there's only two outlets, but I haven't blown any fuses yet.

Now I just have to get busy sewing. So far, the space seems very conducive to work - there are many artists in the building and it's got a good vibe, (as we say out here on the west coast).
And here's a random bit - while cleaning, I found an apron I picked up at a rummage sale. I'm not much of an apron person, but i just love the colour combination.

Comments

  1. My grandmother was from Hungary and was a prolific sewer. Her father was a tailor -- she claimed he sat cross-legged on the tabletop when he sewed!

    She would have adored the color combination of your apron!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.